I don't care what you guys say....

(jj) wrote:

answering door naked guarantys no returns.
snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote in wrote:>

Depends how yer fixed. 8)
--
Always remember:

Bull Connor was a Democrat!
grey snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Gray Ghost) wrote:

pull a john waters and tie a rubber chicken to mr happy.
wrote:>

Or the next best thing...
A few decades ago, I was at the beach one summer with my gal, my brother and his wife. It was afternoon and we had just gotten back to the cottage after a day at the beach. Me and the bro just had trunks on, his wife was in her bikini and my gal was in the shower. When the knock came at the door my sister-in-law answered the door. She was a department store manager at the time and kind of prided herself on handling people and managing trouble, especially with the clueless.
Two JWs started giving her their spiel, while she's trying to give them a polite brush off. After a few minutes go by she's still trying to sweep them off the deck and her voice is getting a little louder each time. Finally my brother gets up and goes over to the door. He doesn't say anything, just stands there for a minute sizing them up. They keep on yammering and I'm kind of getting a little rattled 'cause I'm thinking just shut the friggin' door in their face. That's when it hit me.
I got up and went over to the door and stood on the other side of my sister-in-law and put my arm around her. My brother picked up on it and he did the same. We just bunched up and got all cozy looking with these big shit eating grins on our faces. The JWs are just jaw dropped. One of us asked them if they'd like to come in and join us and...
... POOF!
They were gone faster than a campaign promise in December. I can still see the look on their faces. We laughed about that for years.
WmB

good one.
WmB wrote:

An alternative, told by a somewhat bookish friend:
Express interest, but say you're busy, can they come back some evening next week?
Arrange for the Mormon and Hare Krishna evangelists to come at the same time.
Sit back and take notes.
OR
Wait till they start quoting the Bible at you, then tell them they're wrong. Prove it by bringing down your own Bible and reading the accurate quote to them.
In Greek

What's funny is my one run in with JWs was fast and easy. I opened the door to two women. They gave me a quick pitch about a meeting, handed me a paper and left. They gave me the evil-eye but were otherwise polite. I was in an old beat up t shirt and hadn't shaved, so maybe the "homeless bum with no money" look has merit.
snipped-for-privacy@some.domain writes:

To a couple of JF's? Way to go!!!!

gernot, i started the tachikoma and did you know it's the translucent model? those are very cool. thanks again for getting that for me. i wonder if there's a fuchikoma kit? the insanity never ends.
snipped-for-privacy@some.domain writes:

glad you are enjoying it! i don't remember if it said on the box translucent or not, but i'm certainly glad you got a good deal there!
happy happy modeling... Gernot
snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote:

And I wouldn't hesitate to help someone who fell on their kiester in front of a store either. I hold doors for people, say please and thank you and pick up stuff I knock off the shelf at the supermarket. Heck, I even straighten out the carts at the return spot. I used to be popular at the LHS because I'd straighten out the shelves as I'm browsing. I hate messiness which only adds to my stress in my current situation. (My kid and his family live with me.) If it's going to be messy I want to be the messmaker. ;)
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

just hide and don't look in any common areas. can't you get in and out without hitting messville? i had the impression you had your own entrance. or did i miss memeber?
snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote:

A-ha, you missed! Seriously, no I don't have an outside entrance but I did get a lock put on my door at the top of the stairs.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

and a peephole to really drive the point home? i really thought you mentioned a door so i thought of an au pair setup. remember to leave wheeled toys on the stairs.....

So did I but they won't hire one. ;)
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
wrote:>I watched "Strategic Air

Oh man! I used to do that as a kid. I thought I was the only one.

--
Always remember:

Bull Connor was a Democrat!
on 7/6/2009 11:46 AM (ET) Gray Ghost wrote the following:

I still do it. Turn boxes around so that they are front forward. Pick up stuff from the floor and make sure I put it back in the right spot.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Gray Ghost wrote:

It's a sickness. But then again, how can you find what you seek when everything's askew.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
wrote:>I watched "Strategic Air

Exactly! A lesson I wish the rest of my family would learn.
--
Always remember:

Bull Connor was a Democrat!
grey snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Gray Ghost) wrote:

don't you use the club of memory? whack, remember now? whack, remember now? yeah, yeah.....!