I'm leaving!

Well actually I will be after Sunday evening. The son's moving out and the DSL will be shut down Monday morning. It's back to dial-up for me and a new server. I will re-appear eventually with a new address. Try not to talk about anything interesting whilst I'm off. :Þ

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Hey Bill, I don't think you will miss anything interesting here over the next few days. I am sorry that you are going back to dial up. I could not imagine having to go that route but I am sure someday it will have to happen.

Cheers, Max Bryant

Reply to
Max Bryant

I use dial-up. The only problem I have is the length of time it takes to download "fixes" for Windows. Other than that, I can't see the advantage of broadband, considering the price. Jerry 47

Reply to
jerry 47

dial up here too...g/f had cable,it was out more often then on,wasn't worth the price...

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

if you're a neurotically obsessed music or vid freak, hispeed is life... if not, it is overpriced today....but not for long.

Seeya then...

Y'know, to avoid having to *deal* with "oh, new server, new ISP," you can always look into free (text) servers like news.individual.net - which I've been using for a while (after one of.. .believe it was Al's posts, formerly news.cis.dfn.de....)

Makes setting things back up *very* easy. :)

Reply to
EGMcCann

Strictly dial-up, bit I'm not in to downloading anything but text and pdfs.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

sure, appropriate technology.

Don Stauffer

I set up a broadband router with 7 lan in minutes, couldnt set up a adsl lan at all........

when i have to call a engineer they are not suposed to touch lans etc but the actual service guys dont really care, they seem to rspect i actually know what im on about and not the 99.9% of users

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Most of the posts stay live for about a week. Assuming you get hooked up inside of that time and get all the past posts read, you won't miss a thing. Of course Murphy's Law commands that you'll miss something really fun... 8^)

Cheers, The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

Wow, my son moved out, and he is the one who lost internet service. But only for a couple of days :)

Azzz1588

Bill won't miss anything. Haven't you figured out that everything here is recycled on a rotating basis. "Let's split this group" is currently on a 18 month cycle, used to be on a 6 week schedule. It is about time for Az to show up again. Future is on a two week cycle. Combat models is now down to about a two month cycle.

1/72nd scale C-5A with retractable landing gear is on a two year cycle. Dan's Monkey is out to about a twelve month cycle.

Rufus is on a motorcycle, sorry couldn't help it :-)

oxmoron1 MFE

Reply to
OXMORON1

Dial up gets charged by the second, ADSL/cable are flat rate, and not that expensive. Good enough reason for me. Of course, things might be different where you live.

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel

me too-motorcycle and laundry cycle.

Good to see everybody is going 'round still.

I'm baaaack!

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

what did you bring me? gimmie, gimmie, gimmie!

Bill B. appeared out of the ether and flatly declared:

Took you long enough!!!

Rick MFE

Reply to
OXMORON1

My son was doing it. :) I don't even have the address I wanted.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller