hopeful letter

i've written to bill b's family at his address. i am hoping for a positive reply, so please observe whatever you believe in the form of positive energy for his well being. no jokes about killing goats or whatever, i'm very worried and hope that our kind and decent friend is ok. if you are also concerned give me an email address and i will give you his address to do whatever you need. i will also post when i have info and do the same if you email me. this was so sudden that i have grave concerns. i hope it is just illness and he will be back here soon. thanks, folks. and thanks to mj rudy for the sound advice.

Reply to
someone

Good News - I managed to trace a member of Bill's family and apparently he's O.K., just without internet access for a while. Hopefully he'll be back with us soon.

Regards,

Moramarth

Reply to
Moramarth

really? i'm not sure of the address i have. what city and state is he in?

Reply to
someone

Give it up, asshole.

Reply to
Viperdoc

Sorry, I don't know, and wouldn't disclose it on this group (or any) if I did. We've only ever communicated by email or via this group, and as I don't disclose my precise location and Bill only knows me as Moramarth I feel it only proper to grant him the same privacy as I prefer myself. Hence my identifying my contact only as a family member, and not being specific as to whom. On reflection, had I not posted in haste to reassure you, I would have been even more circumspect.

Regards,

Moramarth

Reply to
Moramarth

Take it easy - I believe the OPs concern is genuine, and if you were aquainted with Bill and his recent circumstances you might share it. I only wish I'd taken time to check up on him sooner rather than hoping others efforts would be successful - I'd have been more at ease with myself.

Regards,

Moramarth

Reply to
Moramarth

good. i appreciate both.

Reply to
someone

don't call me what your mothewr raised.

Reply to
someone

I have read his (Bill's) posts for a long time, but obviously asking for his personal information via the internet is ridiculous. This "someone" could be a creditor, a wacko, or a stalker. No friend would intentionally reveal such information.

This "someone" poster also said he had Bill's address and had sent him a letter, and then the next post asks what city and state? Does this make sense?

It sounds like phishing to me, and not particularly well disguised.

Reply to
Viperdoc

just get off the boat? i do have bill's address, and about 50 of his favorite music cassettes that i've been turning into cd's for years. you're just angry because no one notices or cares if you're gone. you're alos too dumb to know what i was really asking. m got it right off. i've never seen a post from you that wasn't negative or pissy. good show.

Reply to
someone

The quality of your spelling reflects your intelligence and sensitivity.

Reply to
Viperdoc

typical spelling lame. that's all you have. you may leave now. seems my kf expired and that's how you flushed out.

Reply to
someone

Hey moron, you can put me in your killfile any time- you're one of the reasons why ebay is going down the tubes- who would want to buy anything from such a jerk?

Reply to
Viperdoc

Fingers crossed, hope he's well.

Reply to
Uffe Bærentsen

he's one really good guy.

Reply to
someone

not been on here for a while, but after seeing these posts i just called it, but got no answer...will try again later

Reply to
Jules

thanks jules.

Reply to
someone

again no answer, will try again every couple of hours..

Reply to
Jules

we'll be here.

Reply to