Idea for a new diorama

So I was burning a DVD of the ancient movie "Wings" yesterday. Great movie with some really ggod flight and dogfight scenes in it and I got hit by a brainphart. The "Gotha" was a Curtiss NBS bomber, essentially a license-built Martin MB-2, and the German "Fokkers" were Curtiss P-1s (P-1Bs, I think). The "SPADs" were Boeing MB-3s. Now no one (to my knowledge made a Boeing, but I have two Curtiss P-1s (much modified from the Monogram F-11C with a new engine, and Glencoe made the Martin. If I score a Jenny and cobble together some figures and a couple of cameras, I could do a diorama of the filming of this movie! The "German" aircraft had the strangest crosses. They weren't Balken crosses, but similar, with straight sides instead of curved. The German leader of the Flying Circus, Capt. von Kellermann flew and all-red Fokker (hard to tell in B/W 8-P) Yeah this dio is doable!

Reply to
The Old Man

That does sound interesting.

Reply to