EF-2000 Typhoon

Ok stupid question. But I assume that the Italeri's kit and the Revell of Germany are infact the same kits. The reason I ask is that I have the RoG kit # 04551 which ordinance wise looks like the Italeri kit #

2610. The present RoG kit # 04568 seems to have much more in the way of stores. So the real question is, are these the same kits but just different stores? Thanks

Mike

Reply to
mrbishop2

RoG released two EF-2000s and they are completely different kits. 04551 was just a rebox of the Italeri Typhoon, while 04568 is a totally new tool kit. The new kit is excellent and includes a lot of stores options including Meteor and ISIS-T AAMs and Storm Shadow and Taurus cruise missiles.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

Sorry, I meant IRIS-T. The kit also has ASRAAM.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

Thanks for the reply Dave. I must admit I didn't get the answer I wanted, but I suspected that was what I was going to find out. So this brings up another question, is the new kit 04568 enough of an improvement to justify adding another kit to the stash?

Mike

Reply to
mrbishop2

I'd say yes. If you want a 1/48 Typhoon, it's the only way to go. I'd say the quality of the new tool kit is on par with the Revell Rafale kits, much better and more accurate than the Italeri kit, and has bonus of a bunch of modern European weapons.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams