Good Italeri Leopard?

Phoenix Model is running a special on Italeri- is the Leopard 1 A2 kit any good? I think the kit number is 374-

Reply to
Jim Atkins

One of Italeri's all time best tank kits. Probably tied with their M47 Patton. Rob Gronovius Modern US armor at

Rob Gronovius

Thanks, Rob- looks like that's a go.

Reply to
Jim Atkins

Reply to
The Model Hobbit

What sponson hatches? Are you thinking of the Leopard 2? Cause Esci/Ertl/AMT did a Leopard 2A3 that was nearly a clone of Italeri's, and I don't recall that Esci ever did a Leo 1. Neither Leo 2 kit was as good as Italeri's Leopard 1 kits. Their Leopard 1A4 came out in 1978, and is still one of the best armor kits out of box ever made (and much finer in detail than Tamiya's). More recently, Italeri and Revell released the earlier the cast-turret Leo 1 variants. Gerald Owens

Reply to
Lafimprov

Dooooh! My bad!

Yes I am refer> that the sponson hatches were incorrect so I added the hatches from the

Reply to
The Model Hobbit