In quarantine

I can't even imagine what that is like as I don't have it anywhere near that bad. I am also not suffering from any real bad itching although I'm not sure whether the itching is supposed to start as the spots start to scab over or not.

The Doc has put me on the maximum dose of an anti-viral drug and since being on it from the second day that I was starting to show symptoms with spots appearing I haven't had any new spots appear, so I am hoping that the drugs are doing the job.

Reply to
Roger Demming

Ouch! I thought you were only supposed to get it once and then you had life long immunity? Mind you talking to my mother about it last night, none of us (including my younger brother and sister) caught it when we were children despite deliberate exposure to friends with Chicken Pox - until one time when I had a small number of Chicken Pox type blisters but weren't positively identified as such. Our conclusion to this is that, in combination with the anti viral drugs, repeated exposure may have given me a small degree of immunity which is why the infection doesn't seem so bad. I think the reason that I have caught it this time is that was recovering from a cold at the time of exposure and my immune system was already lowered.

I'll see how that goes as I'm not going to push myself because I know that hard mental concentration can be just as draining as hard physical activity.

Reply to
Roger Demming

Now all you have to worry about is Shingles when you get older. They seem to pop up in people who had a mild case of the pox. My mother did and she had a bad case of Shingles for a couple of months. I'm kind of glad my experience with the chicken pox was moderately severe, although I wasn't happy at the time.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Damn I remember my bout with the Pox. I must have built all the Aurora Batman kits along with a few others while I was in quarantine. I think I built at least 2 kits a day for two weeks. That was the same year I got nothing but plastic for Christmas - 32 kits in all, Needless to say I was in plastic heaven!

Reply to
The Model Hobbit

...ruddy vikings...

Reply to
Rufus

See here, dear...no need to make a fuss...I'll have your spam...I love it. I'm having spam, spam, spam, spam, baked beans and spam...

Reply to
Rufus

...so...if she's lighter than a duck, she'll float...and is therefore made of wood...and will burn...and must be... A WITCH!!!

Reply to
Rufus

referring to Camelot

"It's only a model..." and

"On second though lets not go there, it is a rather silly place"

I do really like the idea behind " Sir Lancelot , Sir Bedvere and I leap from the rabbit taking them unawares.."

"We could build a giant wooden badger.."

This could go on forever...

Who's next?!

Mike please remove "diespam" to reply

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, perhaps you've misunderstood the situation.

Reply to
MLDHOC

You said "badger"!

Al Superczynski

Such a cheery fellow Bill :-)). Thanks for the thoughts.

Reply to
Roger Demming

I never realised that Monty Python had crossed the Atlantic to such an extent. LOL

Reply to
Roger Demming

are you kidding? it's the reason there's a bbc america.

...ok...I'm speachless...

Reply to
Rufus

...no i' tisn't...

Reply to
Rufus

Is this the five minute argument or the full half hour?

Reply to
Roger Demming

Oh, no... Well, nothing for it but to haul out the really big guns:

Reply to
Rob Kelk

The badgers are sending their snake your way......

Reply to
Al Superczynski

baliff! whack his pee pee!

but i wanted abuse.