Incorrectly boxed model value?

I'm trying to help someone determine the value of a Revell Monogram SnapTite model that was incorrectly boxed. The model is Kit # 85-1310,
which is supposed to be Jeff Gordon. The body inside the factory sealed box is Dale Earnhardt's #3 car. Pictures of the model can be seen at
http://triumphchoppers.com/gallery/album56
Thanks,
Les
Um, if it's a factory sealed box, how do you know what's in it? That sounds like these eBay auctions that decribe a model as "factory sealed, never opened, complete". How do they know it's complete???? :)
Les wrote:

85-1310,
Since anyone can put another model in a different box...we all do it...unless it's a known factory error that,say a dozen cases shipped that way...it's worth the cost of the plastic inside.Even less since it's a snap kit...
The 3rd picture in the link I posted shows tape holding the box closed. You have to look very close, but it's visible.
Les

--
Digital_Cowboy
Live Long and Prosper

The good folks on RMS may not be able to offer much assistance as we build all of the kits that we buy, so we wouldn't know the value of an unopened box.
Right, guys? :-)
Tom
Maiesm72 wrote:

Well I have a few unopened boxes but that's usually because I have multiples of the kit......
On 29 Dec 2004 00:52:49 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Maiesm72) wrote:

Riiiiiigghhht.....

My "From" address is munged - click "Reply To" to respond via email.

Sure, and I use all the Triumph motorcycle parts I buy...
Les
snipped-for-privacy@cox.net> wrote:

got a set of working clocks for a tr6r that won't leave me broke?regs, not chrono's.

Nope, those aren't high on my list of needed items. I haven't ran a speedo in the past 6 years. My bike is as basic as it gets...
Les

i need a tach for my riding style. and casehardened vavle springs.
e wrote:
<snip>

speedo
Contact Hackasaw at snipped-for-privacy@hackasaw.com or call 615-374-9709 & see what he has available. Tell him some homebuilt hack'd Triumph rider sent you.
Les

'l, thanks
--
Digital_Cowboy
Live Long and Prosper

That's like one I saw on eBay. An IMAI (IIRC) where the box was labeled "Viking Warship" with a box art picture showing a Greek bireme. Contents were the Greek ship as well. Definate oopsey!

Exactly. It's a simple mistake, considering the kit was molded and packaged in China. We're just wondering if there's a market for one like this.
Les
--
Digital_Cowboy
Live Long and Prosper

Yeah, but Hot Wheels are much more collectible than SnapTite models, I'm sure.
Les