IS EVERYBODY ELSE GETTING THE WEIRD RECIPES

At least on my news server messages that were posted late last night or
early this morning have strange responses seemingly posted by those who
either posted the original or a reply. They really look legitimate. All are
weird recipes like Vietnamese Offspring rolls. "Grab the neighbor's kid and
make it into an appetizer". I've checked other boards and seen the same
thing. I'm wondering if this is localized to one server or across the net.
Norton shows no virus, and on-line support at optonline didn't seem to have
an interest in this type pf problem. It's got to be a somewhat sophisticated
attack in that the "from lines" all indicate they're from the original
sender. Maybe some systems administrator's assistant who was left alone for
the first time..

Val Kraut
Reply to
Val Kraut
Yep, I get them too.
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci EAA # 729686 delete the word spam from email addy
Reply to
TimeTraveler658
Here's a good explanation that was posted in another group:
Reply to
Wayne C. Morris
Val Kraut offered me a plate of cheese and whispered:
A number of newsgroups have been getting them. Apparently they are nothing to worry about; just don't reply to them.
Reply to
Enzo Matrix
And "Val Kraut" opened up and revealed to the world news:9heAd.22218$ snipped-for-privacy@fe10.lga:
Val,
I'm getting them also. Let me check another (free) server that I also use.
Just checked it and they aren't there. But they are on my ISPs news server.
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy
So I can stop pestering them at the deli for miscarriage meat - Whew! 8-)D
WmB
WmB
and here I thought we were changing topics to cooking. I was just about to post my roadkill recipes, like "Poodles and Noodles", "Sharpei Surprise" and "Rack of Raccoon", or one of my all-time favorites, "Grilled Venison" Dammitol!
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci EAA # 729686 delete the word spam from email addy
Reply to
TimeTraveler658
Where did you learn to cook? Roseann's Diner? :-)
Bill Shuey
Reply to
William H. Shuey
Yes - I see them. Even some that carry my own address as sender. Looks like the spammers have a new piracy technique going on...
Reply to
Rufus
Um, wouldn't that be twice grilled venison?
Tom
Reply to
Maiesm72
And snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Maiesm72) opened up and revealed to the world news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m24.aol.com:
Tom,
That's bad.
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy
/me takes a bow :)
Thanks Wayne.
Reply to
Jeff C
Good point Tom, but it depends on your POV. Actually, "twice grilled" might indicate removal of the meat from one grill and returning it to another. However, since the original grill is probably now detached, it's a simple matter of just laying it on the fire (assuming it's not a cheap plastic thing, makes the venison taste funny, trust me)
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci EAA # 729686 delete the word spam from email addy
Reply to
TimeTraveler658
Nope, in the backwoods of north central IL. Oddly enough, Rosanne's, if it still exists, is not terribly far from here. I'm about 100 miles NE of Ottumwa, IA.
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci EAA # 729686 delete the word spam from email addy
Reply to
TimeTraveler658
LOL! Do they still have the loosemeat samiches or did they sell the diner? Cheers,
The Keeper (of too much crap!)
Reply to
Keeper
I did a google for Ottumwa, IA and Rosanne's, but came up dry. Apparently it has gone under.