Is box art changed for sales in other countries ?

Besides the swastika being marked out, in Japan are the Zero kits seen shooting down the Corsair, the 109 taking down a Thunderbolt for German sales?

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

Not just 'other countries', when Airfix changed ownership a few years back the box art was 'de-militarised', explosions removed etc.

Regards

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith

I think its more out of embarrassment. The original Airfix box art had their planes firing all guns, dropping bombs and control surfaces at full deflection while in a shallow dive. I don't remember if their warships had every gun large and small firing at the same time too. Their box art wasn't particularly good enough to be a collectible.

Reply to
PaPa Peng