KELLY'S HEROES SHERMAN

I'm a big fan of the movie-are there any figures of Kelly and his entrepenurs that one could have to go along with Oddball's Sherman? BTW no one needs to remake this-it's just fine as it is..

Mr Plastic@build models.com wrote:

Reply to
Matt Wiser

If you're recreating a scene from the movie, why not modify T-34s like the props guys did - it will be accurate - for the movie!

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Yes, that would work(checks on DVD :-) ). Don't forget the tree which stops the Tiger from traversing anticlockwise, over the wall...

You *could* try putting a Tiger hull onto T-34 suspension, but I fear that the two tanks are not quite the same size, and that the movie prop is simply scaled to the size of the T-34.

Reply to
Alan Dicey

Not as far as I know. However, there are some good looking heads from Historex that could work, such as one for a Napoleonic French sapper with a short beard and ponytail. ("queue").

Converting the T-34 shouldn't be too bad -- if you can find one of the ancient Tamiya Tigers and a DML T-34-85, all they did to the suspension was put disks over the road wheels to hide the suspension. Most of the rest is sheet metal, but you could "lift" the engine grilles from the Tiger with a a razor saw.

I've seen guys do one up and it looks good, the biggest tipoffs being the turret is too far forward and the five road wheel suspension.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

Now, I did a 1/72 conversion some years back. I used a 1/72 T-34, and built a Tiger I hull around it with card stock. I then took a 1/76 Tiger I, (Airfix?) and used the engine grilles, exhaust, etc from the kit as applique to the bare hull. I used the kit Tiger I turret. Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (AMPSOne) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m06.aol.com:

I thought I'd seen 4 figures being sold, OddBall, Kelly, Big Joe and Crap Game from a main line figure maker, Warriors maybe?

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Alan Dicey wrote in news:420257cb$0$20972$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net:

That would be why I don't think I'd go that way.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Have some pics posted here

's_heroes.htm

sb

"The time has come, The Walrus said, To talk of many things: Of shoes and ships and sealing wax Of cabbages and kings And why the sea is boiling hot And whether pigs have wings."

My kill file;

ProMedeller Azhosers

Reply to
SteveB

Too late - what do you think "Three Kings" was supposed to be?

Reply to
machf

I think it had something to do with when they was assaulted by tigers in the Bocaz country. And I mean ASSAULTED!

Reply to
ScaryArt

Reply to
Andrew M

They showed "3 Kings" on TV a couple of years ago. I tried to watch it, but switched the channel not even 5 minutes into it. As for "Kelly's Heroes", I got it on DVD as soon as it was released...

Reply to
machf