Lack of Revell Ships - Are Releases Based on Any Reasoning?

mothers, can't live with them, can't kill them. or did al bundy say that about women in general?

Reply to
someone

Oooo, wanton destruction! That was a nice peaceful thing to do. He deserved a few lumps, maybe some broken bones too.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Don't expect things to remain cheap on the bay. Some folks are really riled about the latest money grab by the clowns in San Jose. The opening bids may go up just to cover the larger chunk that those anonymous clods want from the final values. I think my days of selling there are just about up.

Bill Banaszak

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

The Old Man wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@q78g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

Read the book 30 Seconds Over Tokyo. The original Bs had an observation bubble and no guns. Lawson mentions putting them in there and painting them black in hopes of scaring off the Jap fighters.

The fact that the kit's "tailguns" are featureless tends to make me think that was the eddect they were going for.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

i read the same thing in the midway ballentine book. i like those history of the violent century ones. they used to be cheap used but now i see them, if at all, starting at 5 bucks. i have about 60 and wish i had them all. i especially like the ian hogg weapons ones. i see him on the history channel a lot. i would love to hear him lecture, if he still teaches. anyone got duplicates to sell? i may have 3-4 for trades.

Reply to
someone

Back when I was working as a surveyor, I came across a whiskey case full of them left out in someone's garbage. I grabbed the case and threw it into the truck for some "lunch hour reading". Later that week, I was helping one of the blue collars at a maintenance facility with a drainage project (i.e. ditch profile) and he mentioned that his sone was bogged down in a high school history project about WWII. End of story was that he took the case home with him for his son. Easy come, easy go, I suppose. Fast forward to present (some fifteen years later) finds that kid teaching American History in the same high school. And yes, he still has the Ballentine collection. One man's trash really is another man's treasure.

Reply to
The Old Man

that was a generous gift.

Reply to
someone

hos=3D

:

Not all that generous, I paid nothing for it and it set this kid on a career path. I think we were both winners here. Besides, his dad was a friend of mine.

Reply to
The Old Man

They have one of the Glencoe ones on ebay fot $20.00:

seller notes that he also is leaving there shortly. With the rising price of oil it would be interesting if nuclear powered cargo ships return.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

My number came up 0 today. I started to change my listings to reflect that I would no longer accept Paypal given the recent fund-holding scam they unveiled when I quickly became aware that on the balance, Ebay is a rather tedious place to manage multiple listings. It was easier just to cancel the listings.

Looks like a protest of sorts has been staged for this coming week.

I think it has a snow flake's chance in hell of changing Ebay's course, but as it turns out due to my frustration with Ebay's editting features, tonight I wound up cancelling all of my listings. Existential?

From these articles it seems like a lot of people are taking note of what, by all likelihood, was initialy judged by the powers that be at Ebay to be just another round of bitter medicine that would go down quietly if not reluctantly:

Ebay's probably right about not losing enough business to matter, but you have to wonder what shape their business is in with a billion and a half charge and the perceived need to increase fees so steeply.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

I agree with you that there's little likelihood of changing their minds but I hope they get the equivalent of a finger pinch out of this. Too long they've been driving me nuts with their damn 'upgrades' that make everything more confusing and time-consuming. From what I've heard the new honcho hates being associated with the 'flea market' crowd and wants to cultivate the big sellers. It seems to me that the flea market crowd is what built their little empire for them. Everything of worth eventually gets ruined by greed.

Bill Banaszak

Reply to
Mad-Modeller