Lancaster Help

Hi Folks, I am about to start a couple of Lancasters a Revell B I/III and an Airfix B.I/III, which I intend to finish as a B.II using the Paragon Designs conversion set. But before I get started can anyone tell me the answers to the following:

  1. I have seen and purchased some detail pictures of Lancasters recently and have noticed that several of them show Anti-Static dischargers attached to the outboard ailerons on the main wings, to the upper surfaces of the horizontal tail planes and to the vertical tail planes. I assume this is a modern installation as I believe anti- static dishargers are a more modern accessory to airframes, but is there any evidence that they were attached to WW2 aircraft?

  1. Fuselage windows, I know this is a frustrating subject but does anyone have any ideas as to which marks had them and when they were deleted from the manufacturing process, or were they nearly always painted over?

  2. If anyone has used the Paragon B.II conversion set has anyone got any thoughts or hints about it, such as is it compatible with the Airfix kit and do I need to be aware of any nasties?

Thanks in advance for your help I look forward to hearing your comments.

Doug.

Reply to
Doug

Dunno if it will be of any help, but a *lot* of 'photos of Lancasters were posted in alt.binaries.pictures.aviation recently.

Cheers, Gary B-)

Reply to
Gary R. Schmidt