Looking for An-12 and An-72/74 cargo bay photos

Hi,

Do you know where I can find some photos of An-12 Cub and An-72/74 Coaler to add some detail inside the cargo bays of the Roden and Toko/Eastern Express kits? I found some photos of the cockpits but just a couple of the cargo bays.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Yuri

I've tried putting some interior pics of an An-12 on Alt.Binaries.Models.Scale.

Jon.

Reply to
Jonathan Stilwell

Thanks a lot Jon, just one more question: what puzzled me more is that according to the instructions sheet in the Roden kit you'd have to add rows of seats inside the cargo bay, however from the few photos I had I couldn't find any. Looking at your cargo bay photo, there seems to be something indeed (those greenish oblique surfaces to the sides of the bay). Are the seats hinged to the wall so they can be stowed that way when not in use or are they just broken?

Reply to
Yuri

Correct. These are "jump seats", metal frames with a fabric seat, hinged at the back so they can fold out when you need seating at short notice (although they do not appear to have seat belts), but which can fold down when you need to use the full width of the hold. I guess if you want to use the seats Roden put in the kit but in the closed position you can cut off the legs and glue the seats vertically against the side of the hold.

As for Coaler interior photos, I'm not sure if I took any of the An-74 I went in on the same day I took the An-12 photos, if I did they're buried in a file somewhere and the aircraft in question was configured with (rearward facing) fixed seating.

Jon.

Reply to
Jonathan Stilwell

Thanks a lot Jon