Looking for plastic model kits of subway trains

Not subway, but Military Wheels have just come out with a Russian Series X Tram Car in 1/72 scale.

There are other tram cars out there in or near 1/72 scale. Anybody interested let me know and I'll post them.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Might be little tough... and you don't mention what scale....

But in either case, pickings are slim. H0 scale (1:87) might yeld some stuff as I recall seeing an ad for a New York City Subway cars (either plastic or resin kits) in the Model Railroader Magazine earlier this year.

You might be lucky in larger scales too, like O (1:48).

You best bet is to post your question on rec.models.railroad group and see if you get help there.

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

As Tom noted there are lots of 1/72 scale tram kits. Most are UK trams and few are as well detailed as the new MW kit, which is of a Russian tram.

There ios also a series of OO scale (1/76?) London Underground trains. I picked up an unpowered full train (4 cars) in 1940s livery and am working on the diorama at the moment.

I've looked around for NYC subway cars. There doesn't seem to be anything in OO--not a surprise since that's a UK scale--but there are some in HO. There's even a company that makes subway entrances and platforms.

For me, the scale difference is an obstacle, but so is the price. These NYC subway car kits look to be very short run and are very expensive. The London Undergrond cars, while not cheap, were much less money.

I'd suggest a google search for HO NYC subway car kit. I'm sure you'll come up with a couple of sites.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Levine

Here's a page from

which gives subway cars in both ho and o:

hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper