Looking for source for pre-dreadnaughts/WWI Battleships

These are very hard to find, I know. I used to have the old U.S.S. Olympia, Admiral Dewey's flagship, can't find that one anymore. Also, looking for any pre-dreadnaughts and WWI Battleships.

Reply to
sctvguy1

I've seen it a number of times on ePay. Another one is the Glencoe/ITC USS Oregon and the (totally incorrest) USS Maine.

Reply to
The Old Man

Thanks, that led me to a lot of other links, including OldModels having event the USS Olympia. Wow! A lot more than I paid for it back in the early '60's! Wish I would have kept that kit!

Reply to
sctvguy1

i had the texas kit, forgot the maker. it was crappy. i don't know if it could have been bashed to fix it.

Reply to
someone

sctvguy1 wrote: : : These are very hard to find, I know. I used to have the old U.S.S. Olympia, : Admiral Dewey's flagship, can't find that one anymore. Also, looking for : any pre-dreadnaughts and WWI Battleships. : What scale? You should be able to find a lot of early US naval ships in 1/700 resin.

There are some Russian deadnaughts/pre-dreadnaughts available from ICM as well in 1/400 or 1/350. And ICM did the KMM (?) Austro-Hungarian WWI era battleship, and a sistership (really the same kit, different decals) in 1/350.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

Hasegawa and Zeveda have some WW I kits..

Reply to
R. Franklin