Lotus 98T Question

Is the Renault engine in the 98T basically the same as that in the Renault RE30 Turbo?
Ian

RE30
Hi Ian,
I used to know all this stuff back in my youth, before F1 became the "monotonous Michael Schumacher show", if I remember correctly the Renault Turbo was a 1.5 litre V6 and it was essentially the same block during its entire racing career, the turbos and intercooler layouts will have changed year in year out, to suit the car design, but the basic engine design was unchanged (At this point somebody usually steps in and proves me wrong).
I have a couple of books put away somewhere on the anatomy and design of the F1 car published in the late '80s they may have more info. If I can find them I'll post more.
Happy modelling
Ant Phillips
Cheers Ant - basically the key question is can I retrofit the RE30 engine into my Lotus kit. I've been looking for decent photos on the web - plenty of the Lotus engine, but few of the Renault, I do know they were both the 1.5V6 as you say, but that's about all
Ian