Matchbox MiG-15 WARNING!!!

Reply to
Ron

Who else gives you a French Privateer, for that matter? Their European market ensured some interesting choices.

Reply to
Tom Cervo

AFAIK, the metal cars are part of the Mattel empire. The plastic kits went to Revell AG who released many under the Matchbox name but are now putting some out in Revell boxes. I think the deal was to only use the Matchbox name for a specified time.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Well I hope they rerelease the Matchbox armour kits, I always rather liked them.

-- estarriol

Reply to
The shuffling Shambling Zombiefied corpse of estarriol

IIRC some of the "new" Revell armor kits are the old Matchbox kits.

What I liked about the Matchbox armor kits was the diorama/vignette bases.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

I just completed a Matchbox Comet tank and gave away a Matchbox M7 Priest. I've got a few other Matchbox tank/armor kits on hand: Monty Caravan, Churchill AVRE, T-34, M-40, Challenger MBT, tank transporter, US halftrack (M16?), and some bits and pieces of the French WW1 tank set (Char B and Ft-17?). Have some others kicking around. Some were made in Poland, I know the Priest has Chinese origins. Rob Gronovius Visit my motor pool in the

gallery

Reply to
Rob Gronovius

I did my Privateer in French markings and got a lot of static for it. "what's wrong with america?", etc. I just told them there's more to the world than us. I've never seen another one done. Jerry 47

Reply to
jerry 47

Let me reiterate. What we need is an injection molded privateer in 1/48 scale. Jerry 47

Reply to
jerry 47

Same thing happens in the "real" world.

Our Yak-11 wasn't welcomed at Reno because she's not a race plane and not a stock aircraft for historical display. Still don't understand why there were two Yak-11s with similar conversions on display. Maybe they just don't like the owner. He is a chiropracter, which may be understandable.

What really confuses me is the Santa Rosa airshow people told him no as they don't want anything except American aircraft there...uh, except for their own Il-14, MiG-15, Nanchang trainers, but that's different.

Maybe it's the red stars?

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72
[snippex applied]

oh! ok, julian. the first coat of dark sea grey went on this morning and the coat of dark green will go on later [humbrol #163 and #164]. squadron markings to be decided, though i would welcome some suggestions [to r.m.s]

fact is [and not wishing to gloat at all] but i bought two of the little blighters last year. [one at the sutton coldfield model show and the second at the IPMS[UK] nationals]. there seemed to be _plenty_ on sale on many of the stands.

fact is while agreeing about matchbox's _excellent_ subject coverage [i mean has anyone else ever released a fairey skyfox? [FAA 1930s spotter seaplane]] its amazing just how much matchbox stuff is lying about and hidden away. afaik, some of the matchbox molds went to revell, but i am not sure how many [ie if they all went to them or not]. now if revell really want to make a lot of folk happy in

2004, they could release _more_ of the old matchbox stuff [and clean up some of the molds along the way] and i'd be very happy.

last point on matchbox for now. did you know that the aeroclub detail set for the RAF/RN phantom [as released by matchbox [ref pk-404 and pk-412 afair]] is still being produced and apparently is much in demand!

trevor

Reply to
87015

I like the Revell rereleased Wellington, got a Revell Victor as well.

Seafox is quite nice

Reply to
Xbase (Please note spammers email address used)