matchbox privateer

Not me. I am, however, playing around converting a 1/144 B-24 into one. I'm still hung up on the waist turrets and finding something that looks like the nose turret.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I'd rather report the person to eBay. There is too much going on for them to be able to police every single transaction, so it is up to the members to alert them to bad transactions. With the Excessive Shipping feature, I just forwarded the information from the seller's e-mail to eBay via the online form.

His response to me was that his original PayPal invoice was in error. It took him about 2-3 weeks to send me an invoice, and even then, he overcharged me for the cost of shipping. He wrapped the kit in an old grocery bag wrapper and mailed it parcel post for $3 or so. So he pocketed some of my shipping money, but I was OK with the small amount. Still left him neutral feedback.

Reply to
RobG

Wow. Talk about a _project_...

Reply to
Al Superczynski

If I ever get it done I'll take pictures and post them on abms.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

That's a PB4Y-1.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

You might still be able to get a multi-media Privateer in 1/144 from Cobra. Unless you're intent on doing the work it's a nice way to go and a nice kit as well.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Koval

There is a conversion set for the PB4Y-1, but there is also a full kit of the PB4Y-2 available. Both are 1/144.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Koval

Damn. I only looked under the 1/144 page. There's _another_ $50 I 'need' to spend... ;-p

Reply to
Al Superczynski