MC 202series

Hi There, Can someone tell me the diffrents between the 202 series?I've got a Italeri modell and I don't know what kind of series it is. Please help me. Reg. Han Krol

Reply to
han krol

There are basically only three significant variants:

MC 202 (Folgore): armament usually two cowl-mounted 12.7mm machine guns; occasionally a couple of wing-mounted 7.7mm machine guns, fixed tail wheel, DB 601 (German or license-built Alfa Romeo), fewer nose inlets.

MC 205V (Veltro): almost the identical airframe to the MC 202, but either 2 12.7mm and 2 7.7mm machine guns, or the wing mounted 7.7mm were supplanted by 2 20mm cannon. Also retractable tail wheel, DB 605 (German or license-built Fiat), more nose inlets.

The MC 205N (Orione) never went into production and hasn't been kitted by Italeri; different wings and forward fuselage, engine mounted 20mm cannon and four other guns of 12.7mm and/or 20mm, along with DB 605.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

U¿ytkownik "Mark Schynert" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news: snipped-for-privacy@nnrp03.earthlink.net...

Not exactly. There were several series of MC-202, some of them differed in details, some of them not, just batch of aircraft built. Sorry, I got no references by the hand, but You may find something in "Macchi MC-202 In Action"

-- Greetings Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Dmitruk

There were at least 11 series of C.202s and 3 of the C.205Vs. Unfortunately none of my material here explains the 202s. There seem to be some armament and panel changes between the 205 series. There were only 2 prototypes of the C.205N built by September 1943.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Yes, there are a variety of series; the differences are really tiny. The "in Action" summarizes them. IIRC, the Italeri MC202 doesn't precisely match any of them.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

I found a mention about 5 of the series of the C.202 being built by Macchi and the other 6 by Breda. There's only a mention of "the final series introducing underwing load supports and dynamic pressure air intake for the supercharger" and that "from series VI on, another 2 7,7mm machine guns were added in the wings".

-- __________ ____---____ Marco Antonio Checa Funcke \_________D /-/---_----' Santiago de Surco, Lima, Peru _H__/_/

'-_____|(

remove the "no_me_j." and "sons.of." parts before replying

Reply to
machf