Sinking body filler

Although I usually build armor and military aircraft, I ventured into trying to build a car as a change of pace. Anyway, trying to use filler has been difficult. Even after careful wet sanding and multiple coats of primer and wet sanding, the final Tamiya lacquer coats still show the seams or filler.

Has anyone had any better luck using real two part urethane two stage car paint? Will it shoot through an air brush? How do you avoid toxic exposure and is the finish worth the trouble?

Reply to
Viperdoc

You may also be suffering from shrinkage of the filler material. What were you using? CA is good filler material because it doesn't shrink over time. I only use the putty-type fillers now for very shallow flaws like scratches or minor depressions to avoid the issue of shrinkage.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Evercoat Glaze Coat (2-part) is wonderful stuff. Goes on smooth, dries quickly, sands easily (unless you let it sit too long) and does not shrink. It's good (so far) on plastic, various resins and the metal of 1/43 as well as that of 1/18 diecast.

Keen stuff!

Charles Fox snipped-for-privacy@gte.net

Reply to
Charles Fox