'Message could not be displayed' notation

What do I receive "Message could not be displayed' on some of the most recent postings on here? What's going on?

Reply to
blueleader

That's a new one on me! This is an un moderated newsgroup (obviously) so it must be a glitch between your web service's server and your news reader program. Bill shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

I have also been getting a lot of strange things via usenet lately. I suspected my ISP's server, and tried teranews, and not even completely happy with that.

I suspect the usenet infrastructure is falling apart because of one of those old "premature notice of my death" things. I find that 99% of new users do not even know usenet exists. Web based discussion groups are slowly taking over from usenet. I love usenet, and don't want to see it die, but that seems to be the way it is going. My understanding is that AOL has already shut down its usenet service.

Reply to
Don Stauffer