mi-8

Is there any good mi-8 kits in 1:72?

regards André

Reply to
André

K-P makes one that can be an -8 or a -17. I never got around to building my kit so I can't tell you how good it was. At the same time it's the only injection-moulded one I'm aware of.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

I don't know how it was, but Zvezda makes both a Mi-8 and Mi-17. I believe Italeri packaged this one for a while.

Reply to
Gary Kato

Currently building my Zvezda kit. Looks ok to me, if a little simplistic in its treatment of u/c etc. N

Reply to
Nigel Cheffers-Heard

AFAIK, both the Zvezda and KP kits are OK - but are both a little inaccurate.

I haven't checked them against any scale drawings - but if you look at a real Mi-8/17 head on, the top of the windscreen curves in a shallow arch.

On the KP kit - and I think on the Zvezda kit - the windscreen is curved in plan view - but not in front view.

My pics of the Hip are on Linden Hill's websiate at :-

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Ken Duffey - Flanker Freak & Russian Aviation Enthusiast Flankers Website -
Ken Duffey

Thank you

"André" skrev i meddelandet news:AyALb.571$ snipped-for-privacy@nntpserver.swip.net...

Reply to
André

I just finished the Zvezda kit. I can't comment on accuracy because I didn't check against drawings, but it looks nice. It just has some fit troubles here and there, some parts are a bit thick and the rivet detail is a bit overdone (I sanded it almost smooth). Also, the main rotor is weak: I broke 4 of the 5 blades while painting :) I also have some doubts about the colors suggested, mainly for the sea blue rotor blades. I used a dark grey instead as from photos it seems the right color.

The only really disappointing thing of the kit is the decals sheet, just some stars and numbers, out of register. I had to use decals from spare.

I did my "Hip" with all doors closed, otherwise there's a lot of room for superdetailers.

My 0.02

Reply to
Yuri

Actually, I remember the main blades being bluish from my time spent on the upper deck (a looot of rotor head removals :)) cheers! Tvrtko

Reply to
Tvrtko