Mixed Media Kit Question

Well the 21st century has finally in my household, I am attempting to build my first mixed media kit, the MPM HO3S-1. The kit comes with a clear acitate (?) nose section and it is these parts which are for me problematic. I have cut the bits out, al la vac form , from the sheet but how do I get a flat mating surfice between the two halfs?

-- Your help is, as always, greatfully receved. Rory Manton

1957 109 Series One, Daisy 1965 Series 11 SWB GS , Rose.
Reply to
Rory Manton

Cut close to the parting line, and then sand the rest of the way down on a flat surface.

Some would reccomend wet sanding - tape a sheet of sandpaper to the inside of a cookie sheet, fill with water, and sand.

Reply to
Rufus

I'd reccommend a sheet of glass with 600 or 800 grit wetndry paper. Wet sand gently; you can make handles out of masking tape to hold on to the compound curve. Check often; like about every 5 or 10 strokes. Obviously you want to hold it gingerly so you don't flex the part. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper