Props Question

Would i be right in thinking that the 4 bladed props , Curtiss constant speed electrics, would be the same as on a P 47 Thunderbolt?

-- Your help is, as always, greatfully receved. Rory Manton

1957 109 Series One, Daisy 1965 Series 11 SWB GS , Rose.
Reply to
Rory Manton

Rory asked:

Which aircraft? Another P47? Another a/c? Possibly different due to a/c or engine type, main obvious difference would most likely be in diameter.

Rick Clark MFE

Reply to
OXMORON1

The Thunderbolt used the (then) largest diameter prop, and it would probably not be the same as others. The may look alike, but even different versions of Spitfires had different propellors with even the same number of blades.

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

in article snipped-for-privacy@mb-m05.aol.com, OXMORON1 at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote on 26/5/04 20:10:

Sorry Thunderbolt props on a C46 commando , Supid me.

Reply to
Rory Manton

The P-47 used a 12' 6" diameter Curtiss Electric prop. The C-46's Curtiss Electric prop was 13' 6" in diameter.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Al Superczynski at snipped-for-privacy@deadspam.com wrote on 27/5/04 6:10:

Could I get away with props 1/6 of an inch too small on my Commando? Yes i think so given that it is eather that or work with the kit items ,well what i think are the props.

Thanks for the info

-- Your help is, as always, greatfully receved. Rory Manton

1957 109 Series One, Daisy 1965 Series 11 SWB GS , Rose.
Reply to
Rory Manton

After being told that there was a 1'-0" difference in diameters between the P-47 and C-46 Curtiss props, Rory blurted out:

Man you are in for it! The micrometer police will blab to the color (colour in your case) police and you will be watched, inspected, detected and called out for your lack of a proper attitude! Cheat! Build up the length with paint!

Oxmoron1 MFE

Reply to
OXMORON1

in article snipped-for-privacy@mb-m14.aol.com, OXMORON1 at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote on 27/5/04 18:20:

Just dont let the rivet counters near, on the otherhand let 'em come 'cos there ain't none.

Reply to
Rory Manton

Sure. It's *your* model! (see my sig.....) ;)

If you're worried about the micrometer police you could always use the Aeroclub white metal props:

.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Nah, use Future! ;) I don't recall any problems with the props in that kit. IIRC, there was a choice of two different blade sets.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak