Model Expo Prices.

Has anyone else noticed the big price increase at Model Expo for wooden ship models? The last model I got there was the "Independance" by Artesania Latina, that sold for about $75. Other kits in the same category are now priced at close to $200 less than a year later. They no longer carry Artesania Latina kits, which I felt were the most "user friendly" of all the brands. Two years ago, I bought the "Constitution" by Mamoli for about $170. The same kit is now $350, a pretty big increase for just 2 years.

Happy modeling, Norm

Reply to
N.L. Eckert

Yah, and look at their 1/18th scale wooden aircraft kits! They have also been jacked up considerably.

Since they got out of the plastic aircraft business, (I.E., Heller, Airfix, Revell, Monogram and Trumpeter -) I just dump their Email offers and pitch their catalog in the trash. No "Great Deals" anymore.

~Rick Fluke Sopping Wet in Western Montana!

Reply to
Unamodeler

hey, they still have a few Airfix planes for $1.99 or something... :-)

they used to be a good source but now they just sell kindling.

Craig

Reply to
crw59