1/350 NCC 1701 Enterprise Nacelle Support Question

the kit comes with clear plastic cylinders to support the model.

has anyone started it yet to determine if it would be possible to install a rigid "V" shaped support that could fit in engineering section and have the vertical parts of the "v" go up the nacelle supports. maybe bending a coat hanger, wood dowels or modifying the clear cylinders. It would have to be stiff enough to keep the nacelles even. looking for a way to not have any visible support.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

The thing you have to worry about is that the kit is extremely nose heavy due to the weight of the saucer section. I think the further forward you can put the mounting under the engineering hull, the better. I was thinking of using a vertical metal rod mounted behind the deflector dish, possibly going up partially into the neck. That should be closer to the center of gravity.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

or add a few pounds of fishing weights inside too?

Craig

Reply to
crw59

I would think that a simple length of brass "square cross-section" would suffice. Secure it by embedding it in a mass of epoxy putty contained in the secondary hull. Do one for each nacelle strut. No "v-contraption" is necessary.

Reply to
Greg Heilers