Model Naval Ships Website

I'm interested in doing a 1/350 scale naval model (my first) - actually quite like the idea of the New Jersey rather than the usual famous WWII stuff.

Would like to do Tamiya one as I want a fairly easy construction but with reasonable detail.

Can anyone point me at a Naval Modelling website that may have pictures of finished examples and reviews.

I've tried googling but just get a big list of shops selling models.

Thanks,

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Heather

The two most popular I would recommend are steelnavy.com and modelwarships.com. Both sites have gallery and walk around pages that modelers can send photos for publication to the site. The SN site is probably what you want for the walkaround views of the real thing, but as I said MW also has a similar page as well. FWIW

Rusty White Flagship Models Inc. flagshipmodels.com

Reply to
Rusty White

Thanks, I'll have a look at those.

Cheers,

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Heather

Reply to
Ron Smith

Rusty, I have been looking for a place that has models of WWI battleships/battlecruisers, etc. and then I find your site in my old alma mater, Edmond, Central State University!

Reply to
Count Floyd

steelnavy.com

Reply to
Felix D.

Small world ehh? I live only a few miles from CSU (what is now University of Central Oklahoma). BTW, check out the Steel Navy site in thier "what's new" section. There's a 1/350 WW-1 Brooklyn that's right up your alley. Irom Shipwright makes several WW-1 vessels you may be interested in.

Rusty White Flagship Models Inc. flagshipmodels.com

Reply to
Rusty White

MY ERROR NIGEL! The Iron Shipwright WW-1 Brooklyn is on the Modelwarships.com web site in the whats new section. Shame...shame...shame on me for mixing the two site up. Check it out! modelwarships.com

Rusty White Flagship Models > I'm interested in doing a 1/350 scale naval model (my first) - actually

Reply to
Rusty White