Modeling Question From Me Humbrol paint

Too many of my posts have been about business. This sort of is because Humbrol has folded. Does anyone know if those enamels will blend with other enamels that are still being made?

TIA

Big Al Baltimore IPMS, AMPS

Reply to
Albert

Humbrol is still going, it was taken over

In the UK, their paints are still readily available, however, the existing range is being replaced by an acrylic range which is reputed to be compatible with the old enamel range. Details should appear here at some point
MH

Reply to
max

Look here for details

max

generally, yes. try small samples. 10 years ago they did with master modeler.

Reply to
someone

Replaced or supplemented? And given that enamel and acrylic use incompatible solvents, how can they be compatible?

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel

color compatible, not physically.

Reply to
someone

That comes around to the question is anyone making an enamel that is on the market in a big way and that will mix with Humbrol enamels. I have six kinds of acrylics and like them for a lot of things. Does Testors still make oil based enamel? I do remember it being a very different paint. I liked Pactra better when I was a kid, but I know that is like Humbrol, no more.

Big Al Baltimore

Reply to
Albert

Testors' makes enamel in their Model Master II and Model Master FS Color lines.

Reply to
willshak

i have mixed model master enamel with humbrol. i often run short during the big coat overall a model. then i eyeball what ever is on hand to match. practice has made me successful and those two have worked together. i avoid acrylics like the plague. just too much pain in the ass with trying to find compatible brands and airbrushing is a pain. the best way is still trial and error.

Reply to
someone