MPC 1966 Dodge Charger Fastback

New to your group. Hope to learn from what I can find here.

First question. I have a MPC 1966 Dodge Charger Fastback 1/25 kit. A Budd Anderson Kit. Number on it is 7-200.

It is what I would call New in the Box. But is not still factory sealed. The box is in fair to good condition. I can send pictures if needed.

Was wondering if someone could tell me the approximate value of it?

Thanks for your replies.

Reply to
wingwalker

I'd put it over $200. That's the very first Charger kit and it has never been re-issued in that form. The re-issues are all of the '67 and they can't be built factory stock.

As a guide last year's catalogue from Hobby Heaven had an MPC '66 GTO (#12) for $200.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Whooooo. I just visited my uncle and he gave it to me. Said he had it in a garage sale for $1.00 (marked on box) "and could not sell it" I looked on e-bay and couldn't find any, no wonder.

Reply to
wingwalker

I never find the right garages.. ;]

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

yeah, that box of renwals is always two streets over.

How do you go about finding out for sure? Is there a site, person, business, or what? As you can see I have never tried this before.

Thanks for the help.

Reply to
wingwalker

If it matters that much to you, you obviously want to sell it. Put it up on ebay. There are plenty of buyers who are *always* watching for rare kits. If you just want to find out what it's worth, set a ridiculously high reserve and be prepared to pay the listing fee as an 'appraisal fee'. Or be prepared to sell it for your ridiculous price ...

-- C.R. Krieger (Been there; seen that)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger