Navalised Bf-109

anyone have any links to info on what this aircraft might have looked like - configuration, camo scheme etc?

Reply to
John Redman

Here are a couple:

Jeff C

Didn't one of the Eastern European guys do a kit of this - Roden or Pavla or somone?

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Yes. I have the Model News version. Somewhere I have the instruction sheet with paint scheme diagrams. It was mostly 74-75-76 as I recall.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad Modeller

John:

There is a guy with a web site dedicated to the German carrier Graf Zeppelin which might have some info on the Bf109T. You can probably find him over at SteelNavy.com or ModelWarship.com.

Hasegawa has a 1/48 Bf109T as does MPM. MPM also has a 1/72 version.

There was an article in a modelling magazine about a guy who converted a Ju87B to the navalised Ju87C but I can't for the life of me remember which magazine it was.

I also seem to recall there is a Kriegsmarine site that all sorts of German WW II naval info. Perhaps you should google that one, too.

HTH

Reply to
Paul O'Reilly

Ju87C was the navalized version of the 'B model. The '262 was never considered, especially since the Graf Zeppelin was canceled by then. However, you might be thinking a bit about the Japanese Kikka, which had folding wings, not for carrier ops but to hide in caves before deployment.

Reply to
steve gallacci