New Airfix Canberra

that isn't it, but it is a keeper. thank you very much.

it's a great article, but not the one. it was in an american mag and had thetypical fsm type layout. but thanks.

DB did conversions for both the -57D and -57F from the Italeri kit; Airmodel did the -57F, High Planes do a limited run injection kit of the -57D and Mach 2 do a limited run -57F. All in 1:72.

Jon.

Reply to
Jonathan Stilwell

Thanks Ken. I remember that now from conversations at the Airfix stall. Guess my brain wasn't in gear as I looked at my photos?too many distractions on T-Day.

Also, the models shown in finished form were not the actual Airfix finished prototypes but existing kits that show the size and what the finished article should look like. Still, I like the looks of the Nimrod.

Reply to
Milton Bell

That Canberra was an Aeroclub model on loan

Reply to
Ted Taylor

i think so, bill. it was a pretty well known plane guy, i believe. he did it up right, new wings, intakes, (iirc) and other subtle changes. posed next to a stocker, it's wings were monsters. any of those still flying? must be an awesome scene.

Got to be "Scale Modeler". They occasionally published good stuff.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Last of the recy Canberra's were in the 70's... I know the last of the WB-57F's were with the 58th Weather Recconesance Squadron at Kirtland AFB, New Mexico. 3 of these were handed over too NASA (the rest in DM). Of these 3, one is still being used and one source has it (the same bird) primarily being flown for Department of Energy.

This was my primary source:

And this was the stuff about the RB-57F:

Rich

Reply to
Rich

very cool, thanks

I think that all the USAF Canberra recon jobs are grounded. Anyone know better?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Reply to
Gary Warwick

Let's remember the new High Planes kits in 1/72.

They should be out now, at least the first of them. I havn't seen them yet, but they ar most welcomed.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

We have had the high planes kits in stock and sold them. They do warn or extra effort on the boxes and are recommended for expert modellers only (their words).

David

Reply to
dnews