New colors for United Airlines

Saw a story on last night's local news (KUSA, Denver) about a new color scheme for United Airlines. They showed a Boeing 777 with a white top replacing the gray. This new paint job is for UAL aircraft and it is NOT the TED scheme. Don't know if this new color scheme will be fleet-wide but pictures should start showing up on the web soon.

Martin

Reply to
Martin

The I saw read about this stated the new livery would be phased in through annual maintinace at SFO, about 56 a year. Of course this means that just as they paint the last one there will be another change/ merger/ whatever.

rich

Reply to
Rich

I've seen them. Looks like somebody forgot to finish painting the tails..... :(

Reply to
Al Superczynski

White over blue? Won't that make them British Airways?

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

I understand pilots disliked the UAL gray because in reduced visbility of fog/rain/snow/dust/smoke/smog/twilight the gray made the planes near invisible on the runways.

If I was United, I would return to the 1960 stars and bars scheme. None of their more recent liveries ever topped that for grace and class.

...../V

Reply to
Vess Irvine

Reply to
the Legend of LAX

White is a real bitch too though..... eventually you just hope ATC gives you a good vector and look for the lights......

rich

Reply to
Rich

Reply to