New digital camo

Any tips on how to paint (1/35) the new digital camo, either ACU or ABU's? I generally use oils, but it looks like the new patterns will be a lot harder than even BDU's.

Reply to
Viperdoc

I'd think masking and spraying is the only way to go. Plus aspirin for the headache afterwards.

Reply to
eyeball

At that scale, if I were doing it I'd cut toothpicks in likeable patterns and apply the paint "woodcut" style. From how far away does it need to look good?

Stephen "FPilot" Bierce/IPMS #35922

Stephen Bierce

...I think I'd make decals.

Reply to
Rufus

Another thought. How about finding some sharpie pens/permanent markers in the right colors and doing them by hand?

Reply to
eyeball

I don't think it would be easy to get decals to fit and conform around a

1/35th scale figure. Plus, all of the pockets, etc would have to be cut separately.

A super fine brush with oils may work, but would be extremely tedious, and I was looking for some other suggestions.

Reply to
Viperdoc

arrangements. It usually comes in green blocks and can be sourced at discount stores. Paint the main base colour, then break off a piece and use it as a stamp to aply the top colours. Some bloke tried this over on Armorama or Missing-Lynx with good results.

Regards Mike

Reply to
rallyV