New modelling resource

Scale Model Wiki is a new resource for all modellers. It differs from most other modelling web sites in that anyone can contribute to it and it belongs to us all. I created it initially as a way of recording information that I would find useful, articles in magazines, locations of model shops, lists of models, reviews, tools, techniques etc. It is now open to anyone else to contribute to, edit or create new pages etc. All branches of scale modelling are welcome.

Just go to

At the moment it is fairly empty but feel free to change that. Anyone familiar with Wikipedia will get the idea.

Reply to
Pete Forster

Nice, just registered. Thanks,

Reply to
RobG

I don't know diddly about Wikipedia, so I guess that,s one more to add to the list of things I'll learn "someday". I'm including some links that may be useful some, maybe not, but just in case....

Disco58

Thanks for this I have started to add these links. Remember anyone can edit or create new pages. Mistakes can easily be reverted so people shouldn't be afraid to have a go.

Reply to
Pete Forster

On Sun, 02 Jul 2006 04:37:15 -0500, Pete Forster screamed bloody hails to anyone modeling planes:

Well, are you going to include the most difficult, and still hightly regarded skills passed down from generations before on the art of ShipBuilding? At last glance, model planes fetch pennies compared to a decent sailing ship.

I forget sometimes that checkers sell more than chess.

Reply to
MossyOats

very good and usefull pages. just spent 2 hours glancing through.

Ships are included I just haven't got any knowledge of the model ship scene. It's up to someone in the know to start adding pages. Any scale model subject is welcolme.

Pete Forster

Reply to
Pete Forster