colour converter

Hi

About a year ago i found a homepage with some kind of converter. To see if fx. I should use Humbroll no. 34 then what number that would be in fx. tamiya colours. My problem is that i can't find the page again, can anyone help please.

Per

Reply to
Per Kristensen

refer to

if the links below do not work from this post, scroll down to = Modelling - Resin,Photoetch,Scale,Paper, Painting, Fonts, FAQ etc.

(Plastic and Resin kitsets indexed lower down)

FAQ re Scale Models - All answers to assembly, detailing, photo etched parts, painting etc. FAQ - Ship Models Digital Card Models - Steve Bucher Fonts = Fontmania How to build scale model? F-15E Kingtiger HyperScale - Aircraft & Armour Modellers Reviews International List of Scale Model Related Web Sites minsgallery (Resin Figures etc) Model Car Tech - Photoetching, Resin Casting etc Modelling Course (FAQ for beginners) - Bill Zuk Modeling Madness : Finest Review Site on the Web Paper Airplane Hangar Page Permagrit Tools Homepage Perth Military Modelling Society Links Model Master Technical Guide *** Tony Matteliano's Scale Model Index Wanaka Transport & Toy Museum******* Woodworking and Gardening Tools - rare earth magnets Paints, Colour Charts, Mix Formulae & Strippers

Alclad 2 - Model Lacquers - Natural metal finish lacquer Colour Reference Charts - Part 1 = Urban Fredriksson's Colour Reference Charts - Part II = Urban Fredriksson's Humbrol Paint Cross Reference Page Tamiya Paint Mix Formulae Paint Strippers for plastic models etc.

Reply to
A.T.

I J H

Hi,

has some paint color charts on their utilities page.

Woody

I J H wrote:

Reply to
James Woody

Hi, Humbrol #34 is "flat white". Not surprisingly, Humbrol itself lists the equivalent Tamiya XF2 (guess what) "flat white" in its paint range (the one with the actual paint chips). Is this a joke, or am I missing something ? Francois-

Reply to
Francois Airault

Reply to
Barry

What I'm looking for is a chart that links the various paints (Model Master, Humbrol, etc) to the FS numbers (or vice versa)- like Dave Klaus (I think) did many years ago. I'm forever trying to figure out what paint to use to match some FS number that's not the usual FS 16440.

Ken

Reply to
D. Duck

Try surfing around Urban Frdriksson's site:

Not complete, and mostly Humbrol oriented, but handy.

And here's another one - again a bit Humbrol slanted:

Yes - Dave Klaus did the "IPMS Color Cross-Reference". One of the handiest references I own. If you can find a copy, grab it.

Reply to
Rufus

And to follow up...I just did a search on the Meteor Productions site - they list the Klaus "IPMS Color Guide" and FS 595 (presumably a Fan Deck) combination as being available for $58.95, stock # GFS595.

But I thought the book was out of print...

Reply to
Rufus

The Humbrol chart at ipmsoc.org in the utilities has this cross reference. I don't see the FS 16440 in the chart however.

Woody