Opinions on the new 50, 55 and 44 please

I am considering setting up a small review site for new modern image models. The idea (following discussion in this group) is to provide a balanced but critical appraisal of these models.

Now - and here's the problem - I'm no expert, either on the prototypes or modelling, so I'm going to have to rely on the opininions of the folk in here.

So, if you think you can help, I'd apreciate comments, initially on the

50,55 and 44, emailed my usual address (just avoid the spam trap in my reply address). I can back-up reviews of the 50 and 55 with my own photos, but if anyone can supply some pictures of the peak, that would be useful.

I'm not sure how this will work out, but I plan to give it a go. It seems that there is a gap in the market for reviews which are a bit less charitable than the magazines tend to be.

I'm not looking for rants, but I'm not interested in "this is a fantastic model" type comments either. What I *do* need is an indication of the*good* points of a model as well as the bad and trying to gauge what the general opinion of the model is overall. The idea is to distill the discussion on this group, with the addition of detailed observations such as Ian's Deltic review, taking on-board as many views as possible.

In the end, my ignorance on the subject may prove too great, but I'm willing to give it a go.

Comments?

Suggestions?

Support?

Thanks, Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

Surely a forum like this already exists in the form of the Diesel & Electric Modellers Group on Yahoo.

Dave Fossett

It does. I'm a member there, and with their permission, I'll include comments from members of the group, but I assume that there are members of this group who are not involved in demodellers and vice versa. The reviews will hopefully be a balanced distillation of views and observations from both sources.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

Just a thought....... DEMU is always deserving of new members......become a member and apply for access to the above group......you'll also receive the excellent, feature-packed, magazine for DEMU members.

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Meredith