NKR Models

Has anyone done business with NKR Models in Australia? Good, bad or indifferent?

Also, how long does airmail take from Oz to the USA?

Thanks!

Peter O

Reply to
Peter Johnson

I personaly have not had dealings with them. A few fellow club members have and they all give NKR hobbies two thumbs up. They also said that they are one of the best online shops to deal with!

Reply to
Scott A. Bregi AKA The Model Hobbit

One of the absolute best. I've dealt with the owner for 2 or 3 decades. He's an absolute top flight guy. Shipping from Oz is pretty quick, though security issues slow things down now.

Reply to
Aeropause

in article snipped-for-privacy@metrocastcablevision.com, Peter Johnson at snipped-for-privacy@metrocast.net wrote on 10/11/04 6:32 PM:

Excellent service and good prices and shipping. Last time I ordered (via email) my order arrived in about seven days. Not bad for half way round the world!

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

Earl at NKR is fantastic--great selection and the fastest shipping on Earth. Plus, he's a great guy to do business with.

Two examples:

  1. A box arrived with water damage to it, which wouldn;t be a problem except I had some books in the order and they were ruined. I e-mailed Earl, and he discovered that the post office in Ballarat had suffered a plumbing accident that put an inch of water on the floor (where my box was parked). Instead of saying it was my tough luck, Earl replaced the damaged items free of charge.

  1. I missed out on the Sword S-43; my order came in the moment after Earl's last one was spoken for. Not a problem--three weeks later, Earl e-mailed me to let me know he had the S-43 back in stock again.

If all e-commerce had been as good as Earl's brand, we'd all be Internet millionaires right now!

--Chris Bucholtz

Reply to
Chris Bucholtz

Only one actual purchase. But, it went amazingly well. And, the shipping was faster than most internal US postage I've experienced (and that was from Austrilia to the US's east coast).

Reply to
SamVanga

My orders with NKR have been to the standard others wish they could hit. Most shipments arrive here before Squadron's if ordered on the same day and I live in the northeast US.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

And in my experience (five orders): cheaper, faster, friendlier, better. The only reason I buy from anyone else is that he doesn't have everything. Order enough stuff (which is not hard to do) and he starts throwing in freebies.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

We have been ordering from NKR for more than 5 years, and we never had any problems. Earl is fast (all shippings arrived within 10 days), reliable (90-95% of all ordered goods always arrived), cheap and he has "Free kit offer"...

What to say...

Damn new Croatian Customs regulations... :-(((

Ciao di

Tomislav Martan 9A4Tc

(On-line at last...)

in article snipped-for-privacy@metrocastcablevision.com, Peter Johnson at snipped-for-privacy@metrocast.net wrote on 12/10/04 1:32 am:

Reply to
Duke Nukem

You mean you're not...? :)

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

That's coz weez all desperate criminal types down here.

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Thanks for the feedback. I've just placed my order :-)

Peter

Reply to
Peter Johnson

"Peter Johnson" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

You will not regret using Earl. He is absolutely the finest person I've EVER dealt with on the internet in terms of model orders. Best for me was ordering on a Tuesday morning and receiving the goods Friday afternoon. . that's Oz to Blighty! The joke a few years ago was that Earl has his own sub-orbital delivery service. We were only half joking I reckon!

Order with confidence, the bloke's a diamond geezer!

Reply to
Drewe Manton

I'm in Australia and from both my Aussie modelling friends and lots of people in the US, NKR has a very good reputation. If they have it in stock you'll have it very quick!

Reply to
The Raven

Rob Grinberg writes,

millionaires right now!

You mean you're not...? :) >>

Oh, yes, of course I am... but I meant ALL of us! I am always thinking of mankind as a whole...

--Chris Bucholtz (currently rolling in his vault of money, Scrooge McDuck-style)

Reply to
Chris Bucholtz

Good selection at cheap prices, but Earl, the gy behind seems to have 'comunication' problems with me :( ... not very polite indeed ... I bought him several times, but I stopped doing that because of his unpolitness .............

Reply to
Julian Herrero 'yuri'