Novice Help! - Older Kit - What do I have?

Please help me determine what it is I have, it's value and whether or not it is worth building?

An old family friend gave me an unassembled wooden ship model of the Cutty Sark. The manufacturer was "Marine Model Co. Inc." out of Halesite, NY. The Model number is "Cutty Sark No. 1099".

The rough shaped hull is 21" L, 3.5" W, 3" H. There is a series of 4 blueprints measuring 36" W by 24" H. The prints are dated Oct. 1958 and the scale is 3/32 = 1". There are numerous lead pieces both large and small, several wooden dowels, small packages of chain, pins, eyebolts, blocks, deadeyes, etc. etc.

I would appreciate any information regarding this model.

Many thanks, Phil

Reply to
Phil Perham

Sorry, I can help but you can also try posting here:

Very knowledgable people.

James

Reply to
James D. Farrow