Re: Atlanta airport area hobby shops

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (GEH737) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m25.aol.com:

I know these get posted all the the time but... I'm in Atlanta for a > couple of months and was wondering about a hobby shop that was > supposed to be near the airport. They don't have an advertisement in > FSM and they're not listed in the Yellow Pages. Flying Tigers? > something like that. If not, anything else within a relatively short > drive of the airport? Thanks in advance. > > George >

Look up AAA Hobbies. If he don't have it, you don't need it.

MM

Reply to
Mr Modeler

You're probably thinking of Pearl Harbor Hobbies; unfortunately, they closed about six years ago. Your best bet is AAA Hobbies in Marietta, north of the city...well worth the drive. Just don't try it at rush hour :) Their hours are 10:00 to 6:00 Monday through Saturday and 1:00 to 5:00 on Sunday.

Reply to
Jim Whitley

Indeed. It's a very hard-core shop for people who are way, way into building plastic scale models (they do nothing else -- no kites, no RC cars, no dollhouses, or any of the other stuff that you find in the more mainstream places).

It doesn't look terribly impressive when you first walk in -- it's just a small shop in a random strip mall -- but they've got a serious inventory of kits, paint, tools, books, and other stuff. I've never seen a shop that carries the number of photoetched parts that they do. The guys who mind the shop know what they're talking about, too.

Well worth the drive from the airport.

Steve

Reply to
Stephen Ramsay