O.T. Happy Turkey Day & Thanksgiving

Hi and how are you all doing today. I had wanted to wish everybody here a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving. And to tell you to try and see that you eat enough Bird and trimmings so you'll Pass Out for the next 20 or 30 minutes or more. ... LOL.

It's just a joke so please don't think I am asking you all to over-eat to that point or anything. Just to make sure you have a really great time enjoy yourselves totally. As for me I will hope that there will be a Pecan Pie on the table for me along with the Turkey and Gravy and Trimmings as well as lots of Pumpkin Pie for that night. I'm going thru a Lot of Health issues right now but I realize I still have a Lot to Give Thanks for. Because I Still have Option.

I've been trying to hide how bad that my Kidneys have gotten.=A0 I really didn't want people to know=A0, but they've gotten really pretty bad. Way back in September they opened up my wrist to create a shunt. It's where they cut into an Artery & sew it into a Vein to use it for dialysis at a later date. They have got to go back and open up my forearm to raise it closer up to the surface and leave enough of time for it to heal so they can use it later on.=A0

Well , I got a call from my Kidney dr. that both he and my regular dr. wanted me in the Hospital the next day. My Function had gotten so low that they now want to instal one of those ''Shunts'' in my neck because I need to start my dialysis right now. As a formality I guess i'm been put on the transplant list. But i'm not gonna hold my breath , and I really don't think that I could go ahead and take one from one of my children. I don't picture a good parent letting that happen atleast not now I feel really depressed and scared about what is going on with me right now.=A0 I have already had the surgery to have a Catheter put down inside my neck Last

Tuesday and I had to stay in the Hospital untill Saturday the 19th when they let me go home. And i've already had two quick dialysis treatments in the Hospital and started at the center on monday the 21st from 7 to

10:30 pm. It will be three days a week afterwards. My days will be Tuesday & Thursday and Saturday from 7 to 10:30.

Sorry i've broken down and let you hear all of this. The folks here have plenty of things to be concerned with other than hearing about my troubles. Please don't think Too Little of me over this okay,=A0

It's just hard right now going thru it I feel afraid and alone. =A0 Not really sorry over what has happened.

God knows that I could really use some friends right about now

Thinking of all my Friends

=A0=A0=A0=A0... Carl ..........

.
Reply to
cyberborg 4000

anything we can do or even just moral support, please ask.' you are not alone and people DO give a damn. so don't let yourself be isolated and alone. write here and trade emails if you wish. i have time to write.

Damn, Carl, consider me one of your friends. I know a lot about the lousy kidney thing myself. I only have the one and it's not in A-1 shape. I don't envy you the dialysis. I've known a few folks on that and it's not the greatest way to live. BUT, you will live and I hope the system can find you a transplant quickly. Hang in there and I'll be thinking of you.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Carl,

Hey... never feel sorry for talking here. That's what it's all about. We share more then just the latest modeling stuff. If anything you have reenforced the fact that we are real people here, not just some mind numbed electons on a screen. This is a community... and not just in name.

Have a great Thanksgiving. We have to have our meal on Saturday. The French (the savages [je suis désolé Chris. C'est un blouge]) don't see fit to celebrate teh greatest holiday of the year. No day off... no football... no overeating.... Having to have our turkey and suplies brought over from Ramstein!

Heck.. I envy you. So stop the Pumpkin Pie and Karo Pecan talk. And Carl, again, let us know if there is ever anything you need. I can help get that stash moved. Need a place to store it?

Rich

Reply to
Rich

Thank you all for the support and your words of kindness. It really does mean worlds to me , honest , it does. Thanks

(e) wrote: " anything we can do or even just moral support, please ask.' you are not alone and people DO give a damn. so don't let yourself be isolated and alone. write here and trade emails if you wish. i have time to write. "

Thanks very much I will need to try to keep in touch with folks here and yes I would love to trade e~mails with you if you're okay with that. Because as time goes on I feel I will become more and more isolated 'cause of being tied to the dialysis pump just to survive. It will help me survive , but with a lot of trade offs.

Thanks again for being a friend

(Mad Modler) wrote: " . . . consider me one of your friends. I know a lot about the lousy kidney thing myself. I only have the one and it's not in A-1 shape. I don't envy you the dialysis. I've known a few folks on that and it's not the greatest way to live. BUT, you will live and I hope the system can find you a transplant quickly. . . . "

Thank you for reguarding me as a friend. Please make sure you try to take care of the Kidney you have , okay. It is starting to slowly sink in just how much I will be tied to that pump just for my survival. :( But with help from the Great Maker I can do just that. I fear not being able to go to any of the places I love going to such as the "Intrepid" Air Sea & Space museum and the Three Day "Chiller" convention down at the Meadowlands. I have done these things for a long whie now and the prospect of not being able to do them any more is sort of depressing. I really love going to Air Shows and to Museums and stuff like that. I always have and I hope that I still can in one form or anorther. :)

Thank you also for your encouragement. It will mean a lot to talk to others who do understand some of what i'm going to be facing in the future. As for a Transplant I will be trying to see just what some of the options are after the first of the year. I will have to be taking off a lot more fluid and some more weight as well. Both of which will make it better to consider me for a transplant in the first place. .. :) :)

(Rich) wrote: " We share more then the latest modeling stuff. If anything you have reenforced the fact that we are real people here, not just some mind numbed electons on a screen. This is a community ... and not just in name. Have a great Thanksgiving. We have to have our meal on Saturday . . No day off... no football... no overeating.... Having to have our turkey and suplies brought over from Ramstein! Heck.. I envy you. So stop the Pumpkin Pie and Karo Pecan talk. And Carl, again, let us know if there is ever anything you need. =A0 I can help get that stash moved. Need a place to store it? " Rich

I hope it doesn't sound corny but you've made me think there's hope for us as a Species yet. We're all brought so much closer thru the using the Web every day. And yes I hope to be asking all kinds of questions to do a better job with all my modeling. I hope you all don't get tired too quickly of me doing that.

No Thanksgiving in France yesss that is really Savage. It really Sucks you have to have to get everything in from Ramstien. Would you please translate what it is you said in French , it sounds trashy. Geee I hope it really is. I would just love to know.

And no , my stash is quite happy where it is right now. But thank you for asking. :)

Again thank you all so very much have a Great Day.............

... Carl ..........

.
Reply to
cyberborg 4000

just stay with us. and talk when you wish.

Many of the folks here don't get out much and find many frends here. You are certainly one of the friends.

Our son, Justin, has had a couple of serious surgeries including one that cost him the sight in one eye. These guys and gals sent over fifty cards, photos, a couple of models for him to do while stuck in bed (snap tites as he is seriously learning delayed) , a photo (now framed and hung in his room) of the USS Justin, and many e-mails.

The contact with good people (including a couple that I have argued with over the years) is wonderful. I read e-mails and things such as funny posts to him all of the time. Sometimes I get a look something lke "What IS he talking about? Usually I get a least a big smile. On accason we'll be talking about a specific model or aircraft and he'll bring me the model that he built or a book from my library on the subject. He's really good at this when the subject is Disney. :-)

Anyhow, keep in touch with us, both on line and in the newsgroup, and let us help you to enjoy life.

Very best wishes, Tom (& Justin)

Reply to
maiesm72