OT Again. Read RFK, Jr.'s Interview with Newsweek

Hi Guys:

Hope you guys have finished reading Al Gore's speech, because here is another recommended reading on the mendacity of the Bush administration.

Different subject then civil liberties or war, and yet, you have to know what is going on in Washington that effects you, your children, your grandchildren .... read ....

To those who object to thinking of Al Gore as an "elder statesman," here we have a "jr. statesman." RFK, Jr. is Bobby Kennedy's son, and he kind of looks just like RFK.

To those who remember, RFK was a man's man US Attorney General, 1960 - 1964, tough as nails; he took on the mob and the southern civil rights issues in support of the fledgling NAACP. He made many enemies in Washington, but stood his ground because he was right. The guy had guts.

He also sweated out the Cuban Missile Crisis with his brother JFK.

He was a cinch for President in 1968, but some gun nut named Sirhan Sirhan shot him dead.

Comparing RFK to our current Attorney General; well, the guy in office now really looks to be a wuss next to Bobby.

So is RFK Jr. worth reading on environmental issues? Well, read it and decide for yourself. You can also pick up Newsweek at the supermarket.

There is some urgency here. Congress is about to enact a new energy bill that will roll back 30 years of environmental progress. Perhaps an e-mail to your Congressman might help here.

Not only is this a 50 billion dollar tax give-away to the extraction and power industries, but that difference will come out of your and my pocketbook. Here we have another tax gift to the fat cat corporate executives, just what we don't need with the billions getting sucked into Iraq.

Remember when that river in Cleveland caught fire? We are headed back to those grand old days ...... unless you speak out in protest.

It looks to be next to impossible to stop the steamroller in the GOP controlled Congress. Thus is just another reason to vote Democrat in 2004. A new administration may be able to stop this insanity before it goes too far.

And I say to the power industry, don't invest in pollution too much, even if the law passes. We will make you pay to clean it up, through the nose. Opening up the spickets of pollution into our streams and air is a lose-lose proposition. We lose, and you will lose massively when it is time to take names.

Vess Irvine Estes Park, Colorado, USA

Reply to
Vess Irvine

Gotta suck being a loser like Vess. Just to stupid to realize that this is a modeling newsgroup.

Meanwhile, back to making models

Reply to
Mr. Plastic

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

And how stupid must you be then? I couldn't fine *any* modelling related post from you at all. And writing "Meanwhile, back to making models" somehow doesn't look very convincing to me. More like a desperate attempt cover up the fact that you don't have much to say about modelling yourself.

Reply to
Bassie Adriaensen

Um, Vess, that was Lake Erie that caught fire. And no, I don't want to see us go back to polluting as a matter of course for ANY industry.

Bill Banaszak

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

And, the only city where a river leaked. Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

Annnd... The only city in North America with a street named for an Axis general. Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

Rats! Why do I remember Lake Erie in connection with the fire then? Did the fire make its way down to the lake?

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Wacker Drive?

Bill Banaszak, MFE ;)

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Hehehe...

I don't think it did.

We (in the Detroit area) were concerned for a while about the level of pollution in Lake Erie because it might have let folks from Ohio walk over to Michigan!!

Jay

Reply to
Jay Beckman

This is just a good reason to PLONK your sorry ass.......

Feel better now ??

Azzz1588

No, Balbo Drive. Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

I'm surprised that it survived WWII. Folks around here re-named streets when they were named after suddenly unpopular subjects although we still have King, Queen, Charlotte and Orange streets. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak