OT: F-18 Brake Problems

I got a good deal on brakes at PEP BOYS!

Reply to
ptbpilot

1) Fake picture - the Marine is either WAY too big, or the jet is WAY too small. 2) Jet aircraft brake fail. A lot. (One reason I don't trust anti-lock brakes on cars...) This is nothing new for fighter aircraft. 3) Someone is blowing this out of proportion to make a news story out of it. No one I know (including some of the officers quoted) is up in arms over Hornet brake systems.
Reply to
Rufus

I think it's a trick of perspective and that the cameraman was on the vehicle behind the Marine.

It does look kinda funny, however.

E.P.

Reply to
gcmschemist

I spend all day around these things...it sure looks like a paste-up. If the jet were relly standing on it's nose gear, the Marine would be looking about eye to eye with the radome...unless he's standing on a platform. And where is the splash from the hose stream?

BTW - there's a lot of pics of F/A-22s supposedly "arriving at Langley" floating around over on ARC and Hyperscale which are pretty obvious fakes as well...if you look closely at them.

Reply to
Rufus

Yes - a platform, on the back of some water/foam carrying vehicle. The splash is running off the port side of the a/c just aft of the windscreen/fuselage junction.

E.P.

Reply to
gcmschemist

I'm still thinking that from where the stream is hitting the nose it should be spraying on both directions...

If it is a real picture, then it's a pretty poorly composed one.

Reply to
Rufus

Yeah, I can see your point...

On that, we completely agree.