OT: For XM/Sirius Satellite radio subscribers.

OT for here, but if I can save some money for some of my friends here, then so be it. My XM/Sirius monthly subscription went up by $2 last month, from $12.95 to $14.93. That was bad enough, but commercials are staring to sneak in on the channels, so the commercial free radio is going by the wayside. Besides, their stock is tanking, and may be taken off the stock market because their stock price is below $1.00. It is $0.68 today. I called them today and told them I was canceling my subscription because of the raise in subscription rate and that commercials were starting to show up on channels. The guy on the other end was very sympathetic, like he has been hearing this reason for cancellation before. He offered the following: I pay an extra $8.45 now and I will have no payments until February 2010. Naturally, I said OK. So, if you have a subscription, call them and threaten to cancel.

Reply to
willshak

i'll wait until they pay me if i threaten to subscribe. "56,000 channels and only 116 worth watching."

Reply to
someone

on 9/22/2009 5:58 PM (ET) snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote the following:

Satellite radio has nothing to watch. It's all audio.

Reply to
willshak

well, duh! i walked up to my camel and asked him for a smoke he handed me a lucky i said, man! you missed the joke.

-lenny and the squigtones.

Reply to
someone

Camels smoke?

--=20 Curt KVPS

Reply to
Curt

I listen to XM/Sirius every day when on the 'puter. I get mine through DirecTV. And the previous contact was right, except for History, TCM and a handful of other stations, there isn't a hell of a lot that I want to watch.....

Reply to
The Old Man

sure, when they're humping in the desert.

Reply to
someone

i like cn and boomerang. of course, there are those who think people my age shouldn't watch cartoons. but i've watched them since 1952 and i see no reason to be too mature for 'toons. we all know nice kits from cartoon shows. i'm building a really nice tachikoma kit. thanks to our kind builder in japan, the eminent gernot.

Reply to
someone

The few times I've ever had a rental with XM or Sirius, I couldn't stand it...I was always switching stations vice being able to find one I liked and just listen to it.

If you have a 3G cell phone and data service, I'd drop them like a hot rock and just listen to net radio...you're already paying for it, and there's a WORLD more variety.

Reply to
Rufus

even the "punk" station was lame. blink 182 and offspring are about as punk as a pay toilet......

Reply to
someone

Net radio rules! Not only can I get anything from anywhere in the world any time, I can also ship my iTunes library (now finished re-ripping at full rez) to my livingroom receiver - including any net radio stations I iTune into. My receiver will tune net stations and bookmark them, but it only uses the V-Cast tuner. With iTunes I can go direct streaming for any URL.

I'm a net-net geek now...my AV receiver, my TV, and three Macs all on my home LAN...and I'll probably get myself a new MacBook Pro before the week is out...

Just updated software on the TV tonight and now I have a TV Guide widget...which was something I was really wanting, since I don't use a cable box.

Reply to
Rufus

agreed. guess what i listen to?

Reply to
someone

...ok, I'll bite...I got WZBC in my list...and a bunch of ambient stuff...

I seem to be all over the place...there's a lounge music station I seem to like...one of the Soma FM cluster. And then there's Weenie Juke - old scratchy country blues...that's my mainstay.

Reply to
Rufus

you got, zbc. the evolution is pleasing, they have adapted and stayed new. i still get most new music there.

Reply to
someone

I can't remember the last time I actually bought any music...net radio just serves it up.

Reply to
Rufus

At least you get TCM. Comcrap figured a way to get more money out of those of us who appreciate rhe old movies. They moved the channel to digital and charged an additional $2 a month for a converter. They probably don't want to hear where I'd recommend they store their converters. History channel is a mishmash of dreck in primetime. The good stuff is on during the day and it's all stuff that is re-runs from years ago. Interesting programs can be found on History International but that's on the digital tier. The only time I see it is downstairs on the kids' TV, as long as the Phillies aren't playing. Baseball,..shoot me now!

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
William Banaszak

No way - you'll miss the divisional playoffs. We'll shoot you after the Dodgers win the WS. Are you willing to stay alive for a few more decades?

WmB

Reply to
WmB

neither can i. unless it was a fill for the collection. i found out i can take my collection with me. they'll cremate the records with me for an extra $100.

Reply to
someone

you want it in the face or the back? friends don't let friends watch sports. they build with them. got the legs and weapons done on my tachikoma. agonizing over painting or not. it's a special transparent model but.....

Reply to
someone

...now that's plantin' a carbon footprint!

Reply to
Rufus