OT (ish) - Model-making master criminal exposed!

Salt this one away for future reference...

Chris

Dear All, I hope I find you all well, and can I take this opportunity to thank you all for your patience during this investigation. Our enquiries came to and end on Friday 14th November 2003 when Richard Owen MORGAN was found guilty at Peterborough Crown Court. MORGAN of 7 Shawley Road Sawtry Cambridgeshire was found guilty of 32 deceptions of people from the scale modelling community. The victims were from wide ranging area's of modelling including Aircraft, Marine, Naval, Submarine and also Battle scene models(and probably many others). Richard Owen MORGAN pleaded guilty at Court and was sentenced to 18 months in prison, however this sentence was suspended for two years. Although I am disappointed with the outcome I cannot effect what ruling a Crown Court Judge makes in any matter. What it does mean is that MORGAN is still a free man. I hope it means he will have learnt his lesson, but should any further offences be reported and dealt with by the Police within that two years, then that eighteen month sentence is hanging over MORGAN's head. Many of you both victim's and people from modelling magazines and websites asked to be informed of the result after the court case. I hope now that the details of the offender and his sentence can be disseminated throughout you publications, in an effort to make people aware that I have on my part taken positive action. If there are any other means of letting people know please pass this information on, to make everyone aware. I have at my end consulted with my press office, so that this information may be put out to press. This has been confirmed. Finally if anyone has any questions about this e-mail please do not hesitate to contact me DC Pete MORLEY on telephone number 01480 415531 or by the e-mail address above.

PLEASE BE AWARE OF BECOMING A VICTIM OF THIS TYPE OF CRIME especially from Sawtry Cambridgeshire.

All the best

Pete MORLEY DC 1240 Huntingdon CID snipped-for-privacy@cambs.pnn.police.uk

Reply to
Chris Hughes

Was he not ordered to make restitution to his victims?

Reply to
Al Superczynski

What does this mean? Did he cheat people? I don't understand the charges, therefore I can't appreciate what he did. Jerry 47

Reply to
jerry 47

I'm with you, Jerry - what'd he do? Was it misrepresenting someone else's work as his own, improper sales tactics, using the wrong FS numbered paint? WHAT?

And why is a CID DC telling us this on the net?

RobG (the Aussie one)

information

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Sold models to guys on Hyperscale and other online forums, took their money, and didn't deliver the goods.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Ahh, that most heinous of crimes.... not a joke this time. Thanks, Al - good that he's been shut down for a while.

RobG (the Aussie one)

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Sorry guys... I should have added that! He's been at it for a few years now and DC Morley wanted as much exposure as possible of the crime.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hughes

My personal view is that a real punishment should have been awarded to that criminal.

Such as nailing him by his thumbs to the ceiling........

...... but in these enlightened days we let them go free, pay them vast amounts of tax payers money in the form of handouts... etc etc.

I suppose his father never sat down with him and helped him make a model kit?

................ Remove the sea bird if you want to reply.

Reply to
Robin

Whatever term he serves we should all get together and flood him with Starfix kits.

And make sure that he has no glue.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Nah, just make sure he has to read and answer everyone of the imbecilic political posts on a MODELING newsgroup -- that way this clown can't build any more fictious models to sell to people.

Cookie Sewell AMPS

Reply to
AMPSOne

more likely daddy didn't swat him when he stold.