OT: Personal note

Well, I was talking about the big ones, near the railroad tracks. I guess the more proper term is grain elevator, but...

Neat story! Like the joke about the lighthouse keeper who bought a farm for his retirement. His friends thought he wanted the space after living on a rocky island, turned out he wanted to turn the silo into a familiar living space.

Reply to
Jack Bohn

Now _this_ is really odd:

want proof?:
chicken soup - "Jewish Penicillin" - is in Japan, with its healthy effects unabated. :-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Whoops!

Yes, chicken soup - "Jewish Penicillin" - is in Japan, with its

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

the jewish faith arrived in japan with the dutch who were the only ones allowed in early on. shinto would appreciate chicken soup.

Reply to
someone

I'm amazed just how those ten lost tribes got around. One ended up down into Kenya, another headed for Japan, one went to Persia (that one I'll buy), two went to India, and and the other five sailed over to North America and became Indians, having made the same mistake Columbus - who may have been Jewish according to some hopeful recent theories - did, and arrived in New York State; mistaking the Hudson River for the Ganges, and headed inland to find Bombay...where their relatives had promised to put them up till they could open a really decent new deli, like they had in India. After forty year of wandering westwards, they found the promised land of Beverly Hills. :-D

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

one tribe landed in the ozarks and kept the tradition of the sacred blood alive by distilling it and using it for the saturday night worship at the ceremony of exorcising the pigskins.

Reply to
someone

could be portugese. they weren't too tolerant, were they? spain was a horror show...

Reply to
someone

wax on, wax off.......

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr. ;)

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Funny, I thought it was the Portugese who were the first into Japan. I seriously doubt any Jews came along with them.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

On Jan 21, 8:34=A0pm, snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote:> In article , snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote:>

, snipped-for-privacy@daktel.com wrote:> > >>

Jewish service in between. That should confuse everybody> >> >>>

involved :-)Tom> > >> >> mmmm, kosher sushi....> > >> >Now _this_ is really odd:

>> >You want proof?:
>> >Yes, chicken soup - "Jewish Penicillin" - is in Japan, with its healthy> >>

japan with the dutch who were the only ones> >> allowed in early on.>

the Portugese who were the first into Japan. =A0I> >seriously doubt any Jews came along with them.> > >Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.> > could be portugese. they weren't too tolerant, were they?> spain was a horror show...- Hide quoted text -> > - Show quoted text -You would be surprised. In seeking out my father's family history we discovered that they were Catalan Jews, becoming Conversos around 1500. As any Jews who didn't convert or leave the country were murdered, it made sense. Of course most of the Conversos were murdered anyway. Consistant the Inquisition was. They settled the SF Bay Area around

1798 and we wondered where they were for almost three hundred years. Latest info shows that they took the only jobs that Conversos were allowed to take and not (usually) be murdered. Soldiers. As Conquistadores they came over here and wiped out other people's civilisations.I was in Barcellona in May and June and found a good many people who were familiar with the family. Have to go back and spend some real time, not just plane to ship and ship to plane. Now Lynne tells her family that she married a nice Jewish boy after all, just 500 years removed. :-)Tom
Reply to
maiesm72

te:

Oh, I forgot.

The big news now in Portugal is the large number of Conversos returning to Judaism. Many never left, but rather practiced in secret. They have received so much publicity that they have been adding signifagantly to the stressed economy of Portugal, much to the delight of their neighbors.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72