B-36 Squadron book - Which One Should I Buy ?? :-)

should I buy the one for $4.99 or $106.00 ??????????????????? (see last entry in list of books for sale) :-)

me thinks I will get the cheap, used one.

Craig

crw59

if it's in decent shape, why even debate on the used? take the $101 and buy kits.

Reply to
someone

no debate intended. I was just amazed as to the price for a Squadron book. Curious as to who would buy the $100 one.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Figure this one out. Last year - maybe a half dozen to a dozen listings on Ebay for the same kit, more or less. They run the gambit from partially built disasters to mint/sealed/pristine boxed kits. One of them is mine - opened, but all of the contents sealed and complete and the box is perfect.

The Buy It Now on a few listings is $25. Mine is an auction and it eventually goes for $60 to a guy in Ireland. No I'm not complaining, nor did I think it was a wise move at the time to ask the guy why he bought mine. Kind of wish I had, 'cause things like that always puzzle me.

As a seller I have some pluses (selling worldwide, high positive feedback, fast shipping/goof packaging praise in the feedback, etc) - but nothing in my eyes that set my listing apart from the guy selling a sealed one for $35 less. Whatever it was, from what I recall of his feedback he was plenty pleased - so I guess he knew what he was doing. ;-)

I guess the bottom line is price isn't always everything - but I've seen that Squadron B-36 book, and $4.99-$9.99 is about right. ;-)

WmB

Reply to
WmB

more money than brains? obvious not a problem we have.

Reply to
someone

It might be worth $4.95, but I have one, and there's not much in there that you can't find out on the web for free.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Highest price on the webpage now is $59.99. It is _not_ worth $59.99.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

so far, of the squadron's i have, the good ones are the swordfish, b29, b17 and the ju 88. the rest were weak.

Reply to
someone

The F-89 one is okay, as are the Yak fighters and MiG-19. The basic problem is that they are too small; they offer some help to modelers but not enough, due to their brevity. The B-36 one doesn't even have much info on the retractable gun turrets, which make a great addition to any model of it.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

goto usenet group 'alt.binaries.e-book.technical'. Saw a B-36 e-book posted for download (.pdf format),If you don't have a conscience.

Reply to
iam