Is this book worth over $650 ?

who sets these prices anyway..

Musicman59

A few good searches could probably find a much cheaper copy.

Barnum was right about fools and money.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

it's like coins. condition, rarity and demand set prices. amazon books are generally overpriced, though. i bet i could find it for a c note.

Reply to
someone

There's a copy available for $33:

Martin

Reply to
100450.3563

Holy cow! And that $650 is at the bottom! My guess is that Amazon is a lot like eBay. One seller lists a book for $650 & it won't sell, so 3 or 4 others have to list theirs for the same price or more. Meanwhile, you can buy 'em elsewhere for about $33.............

Reply to
frank

Do you wonder if after a couple of years, they wonder why no one's offered to buy their book? I wouldn't pay that much for a decade's worth of Jane's "All the World's Aircraft"....

Reply to
The Old Man

I found a listing at yellowairplane.com (with which I have no connection at all) for $39.95. The cover is exactly the same as shown in the Amazon listing, and the description appears to match. Could this really be the same book?

Reply to
Larry Farrell

Apologies for following up my own post but a quick update is in order. Even though the book is listed on yellowairplane and there is an apparently active Buy Now button with it, the book does not appear to be available. Surprisingly, there is also a hot link to Amazon, connecting to the listing given above. Curious.

Reply to
Larry Farrell

frank wrote in news:71739c67-4cb8-49fe-8cea-2cefba152740 @o11g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

Same thing when I was collecting the Airfix modeling series, the ones tbat went with 1/24, etc. Found several for $100+. didn't pay more than $15 for any of 'em.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

individual booksellers, I use Amazon, sometimes its insane, but if its subject matter, maybe other authors have other books. This one goes for $33 or so. One book on the A-12 is on my wish list at an insane price, will keep looking for cheaper ones. When I was doing flight testing, that was a Navy uber secret project, ended up being cancelled, huge court case.

Like most, look for books on stuff I worked on or areas I was in. Bits and pieces sort of dribble out over time.

Reply to
frank