learning to program VB macro for SW

is there any good tutorials on the web for VB macroing for SolidWorks, or does anyone can comment on this book:

Thanks, Gil Alsberg

Reply to
Gil Alsberg

I just bought the book, and its not bad. It's a lot smaller than I thought it would be. Looks kind of like a desktop publishing job. It does offer a step-by -step procedure for most stuff, and has relevant topics and is written for the most part in everyday english, and he describes the jargon well enough.

I was hoping for some reference type material, but it is set up as a tutorial. It says "Tutorial" right on the cover, but I bought it anyway. You have to know a bit of VB syntax and basic programming for the book to make sense, which is fine, the book is really about SW macros.

It covers some topics I really wanted to see such as error handling, forms, notifications and events, modules, traversing, and lots of other stuff including PDMWorks. It has a fair amount of sample code as well.

Reply to
matt

I have the 2004 version. It provides a few good examples on a few often requested abilities in macros. You'll use it as a step to building up your skill. I think I personally used my book for like 2 months before I outgrew it. I do feel it was worth the money, though. Of course, I bought my used. :)

Matt

Reply to
fcsuper

Thanks for the commentary, Matt - it helped me to decide to give the book a chance.

Cheers, Gil

Gil Alsberg

o.k., Thanks for your opinion. you support the opinion of the other matt who replied to this post.

Cheers, Gil Alsberg

Gil Alsberg