OT - UK -Timewatch - Bloody Omaha BBC2 9pm Tonight

Hi Everyone,

Very short notice but only found details on tv listings today that on BBC2 today at 9p the Timewatch programme is all about the Omah landings on D-Day with accounts from survivors.

For more details & information see following link:

The beeb may also make this available to download vie their website but will have to wait & see. I'll try & record it onto disc though.

Cheers, Stephen.

Reply to
SL

saw part of the making of this this morning, they only used 3 people in uniform, added everything else by computer...inc removing all the people walking and sitting on the beach ta for the reminder, forgot all about it!

Reply to
Jules

Hi Jules,

It was a good programme with the main points being that the bombers missed the beach, resulting in their being no German losses & no bomb craters to provide cover as first troops landed at low tide.

With the German's looking down and around it was just a slaughter & it now seems US Ranger losses were twice as first thought, between 4-5000.lives, with most being on the 1st days landing.

I can only be thankful that their loss was not in vain to provide our safe future...

Further note to everyone is that you can watch the programme via the following link & searching for the programme for the next 6 days:

You can also download the programme to your own pc by installing the BBC iplayer first.

Reply to
SL

i think this was shown in the u.s. or something very similar.

Reply to
someone

Hi Stephen

I watched it, and was unimpressed, a lot with what you wrote, if as they said, that the heavy bombing did nowt, then were did they land? had to be somewhere...and if the Germans were further back, as it was said nothing landed on the beach, the defences, then that leaves one place...

I was quite impressed with the fx, not up with SPR but not bad for a quick job..

a couple of other things didnt really add up, but in war, nothing quite goes to plan...but with the amount of suvivors left, details would have come out by now...

Doesnt hamster get everywhere now....nearly killed in a dragster crash, meets Old Evil, then he snuffs it...now in France....gets about a bit :-)

Reply to
Jules